Bengali Mishti Polao & Dhania Chicken Recipe
- Gobindo bhog rice - 1 cup
( If not available, use basmati rice )
- Ghee - 3 tbsp
- Raisins - 10-12
- Cashew Nuts - 10-12
- JBL Pulao Masala- 1/2 tsp
- Water - 2 cups
- Green peas - ¼ cup
- Sugar - 3 tbsp
- Saffron - a good pinch
- Wash the rice and soak in enough water for 30 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a wok.
- Add raisins and cashew nuts and fry until golden brown.
- Drain the rice and add it in the wok.
- Add water, green peas, sugar, saffron and JBL Pulao Masala.
- Simmer the heat to low.
- Cook the rice until all the water is
absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Remove the wok from heat and let the rice rest for 5 minutes.
- Fluff the rice gently with a fork.
- Garnish with slivered almonds and pistachios and saffron strands.
- Serve hot.
Dhania Chicken Ingredients
- • 800 g - Chicken, curry cut
- 1 - Onion, large thinly sliced
- 4 Green Chillies
- 2 Tsp – Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 Tsp – JBL Turmeric powder
- 4 Tbsp - JBL Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp – JBL Cumin powder
- 1/2 Tsp – JBL Pepper powder
- 1 Tsp – JBL Chicken Masala Powder
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for cooking
- 1 - Tomato, chopped
- 1 bunch – Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp - Yogurt
- Marinate the chicken with salt, turmeric, and oil. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a wok.
- Add the onion and green chillies, saute until onions turn light.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the marinated chicken, fry until the colour of the
- In a small mixing bowl add the chopped tomatoes,
coriander powder, cumin powder, and pepper powder.
- Add this mix to the chicken. Fry until oil oozes out.
- Once the oil starts oozing out of the chicken,
add the chopped coriander, yogurt and 1/2 cup water.
- Cover and cook on low flame, stir from
time to time so that the chicken doesn't get burnt.
- After 10 minutes check for the salt and consistency of the gravy.
- Adjust the consistency of the gravy by adding
little water if you want the gravy to be thin.
- Add the garam masala powder, cover and cook for 1 more minute.
Turn off heat.
- Serve hot.